SCENE OF THE ACCIDENT
Follow these steps in the event that you are involved in a car accident:
- Move vehicles to the side of the road, if possible
- Check all drivers and passengers for injuries
Get medical attention for anyone who requires it.
- Call 911 if immediate emergency assistance is required
- Take pictures of all vehicles involved in the accident
Take photos of any damage to the vehicles. This should help your insurance adjuster estimate your compensation, and may also help in court.
- Exchange driver information
Get the name, driver’s license number, license plate number and basic insurance information from the other driver.
- Talk to witnesses
Get contact information, if possible.
- Inform your insurance company
Download and print out a reminder of these tips to store in your vehicle’s glove box.
Lexus drivers in need of towing services may also have the option of utilizing Lexus Roadside Assistance. Drivers with an active Lexus Roadside Assistance subscription* have access to emergency service at any time of day or night. Roadside service includes battery jump-start, tire change, lockout, fuel delivery and towing to the nearest Lexus dealership or alternative repair facility.
* A Lexus Roadside Assistance subscription is automatically included on new Lexus vehicles for four years, or two years on a L/Certified Lexus vehicle (based on the vehicle’s original date of purchase).
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE YOUR REPAIR SHOP
The insurance company is likely going to recommend one of their preferred body shops* for your repairs. If that recommendation doesn’t happen to be for a Lexus Certified Collision Center, you may have the option to request one – and wouldn’t you rather your vehicle be in the hands of specialized Lexus technicians? Taking your vehicle to a Lexus Certified Collision Center ensures that it is restored to Lexus standards and that you drive home with your mind at ease.
*Preferred body shops are an efficient avenue for insurers, but there are some things you may want to consider before going that route:
- The insurer will assess the scope of the repair work needed to get your vehicle running safely again, whereas the priority of a Lexus Certified Collision Center is to fully return your vehicle to factory specifications. This means impeccable repair work with Lexus Genuine Parts that will alleviate any concerns you may have regarding safety and quality.
- The Lexus Certified Collision Center will examine your vehicle and provide you with a written evaluation that you can then take back to your insurer to discuss reassessing their recommended repairs.
- Lexus Certified Collision Centers have your best interests in mind, and are industry experts at Lexus vehicles. There is no substitute for the quality of collision repair that all Lexus owners are entitled to at a Lexus Certified Collision Center.
WHY CHOOSE A LEXUS CERTIFIED COLLISION CENTER?
Your vehicle, restored to Lexus standards – the kind of peace of mind that only Lexus can provide.
Read more about the Lexus Certified Difference.